Information Services Special Interest Group
Convenor: Vacant. Please contact Michael Byrne - Michael.Byrne@maribyrnong.vic.gov.au
Next meeting - Wednesday 28 August 2013 10:00am Room 1103, 60 Collins St Melbourne
Terms of Reference:
1. To provide a forum to facilitate the exchange of ideas and experiences which enhance Reference and Information Services in Victorian public libraries
2. To provide a forum to examine and discuss local, national and international trends and issues in Reference and Information Services in public libraries
3. To provide a forum to discuss and develop guidelines for the development of reference collections, including print and online resources
4. To promote public awareness and usage of Reference and Information Services in Victorian public libraries
5. To work co-operatively with PLVN subcommittees, Special Interest Groups and other organisations to support the development of training and professional development programs for Reference and Information Services staff
6. To encourage the use performance indicators as a tool for library services to advocate for support of Reference and Information Services and collection development (print and online)
The Information Service Special Interest Group comprises public library practitioners in the area of Reference and Information Services
At the November meeting, the Special Interest Group convenor will be nominated from the group for a 12 month term
The Special Interest Group will meet on a quarterly basis (February, May, August, November). Project groups may also meet as required and will liaise with the SIG convenor. Special Interest Group meetings will be held approximately 2 weeks before the Community Access Subcommittee meetings.
Meetings in 2013 will be held as follows:
Wed 20 Feb - Focus: Promotion of information resources to staff & patrons.
Wed 19 June - Focus: Staff Training & Development.
Wed 28 Aug - Focus: Reader Development & IFLA report.
Wed 27 Nov - Focus: Subject - WW1 100 year anniversary
All meetings are held at 10.00 am at Room 1103, Level 11, 60 Collins St Melbourne.
Links to Minutes
The SIG convenor or delegate will report to the Community Access Subcommittee